May 18, 2009
What if you could reach all your clients at once? What if you could do it with no print cost, do it in minutes instead of hours and have 100% of them listen to your message? Sound impossible? I’m here to tell you that it’s not.
What I am talking about is new technology that allows you to send out voicemail to all of your client’s cellphones at once. Their cell will not ring, it simply deposits the message into their mail box. All you have to do is create a message, upload it and your contact list, and hit send. No more hours of dialing and chatting with each one.
A few things you need to consider:
1. If your clients would not be surprised to receive a call from you on their cell phone, you’re probably safe to use this service. The law states that you must have permission to call them. We suggest collecting cell phone numbers from your clients as well as email addresses. One way to do this is to have permission to call embedded in your client agreements.
2. Your message should not be a canned message, but rather a natural message that sounds personal to them. Something like, “Hi. This is Mike from Oil Plus, and I just wanted to let you know that since you’re a valued customer, we’re offering a complete oil and filter change for only $15.99. Please give us a call at 555-1234 if you’re interested.”
3. I wouldn’t recommend sending messages to the same contacts every month. As with any other marketing method, familiarity breeds contempt. People will get tired of it.
4. People will delete emails and throw away mailers without reading them. EVERYBODY will listen to a voicemail before deleting it. This makes this technology the most effective way to contact your clients.
A few ideas on how to use this:
1. Personalize: Keep in contact with clientele by sending out birthday greetings. You can do this monthly to only those that have a birthday that month. “Hi. This is Amanda from Store X. Just calling to wish you a happy birthday. See you soon.”
2. Be Helpful: Send a quick greeting before holidays; “Hey this is Joe Smith from Better Homes. Just checking in to see how everything’s going in your new home. Oh yeah, remember that mothers day is next week - make sure you get your mom something nice!”
3. Reward: Send out a customer appreciation offer notice. “Hi this is Cheryl from Hair Plus. I wanted to call and let you know that you’ve qualified for your half price hair day. . .”
There are countless applications as well as some legal information you should look into. Go to www.svmCONNECT.com to find out more about this service.
Now get out there and look good.
©2009 Motley Creations. Use by permission only.